Loadiine v4.0

Hey everyone,

it’s time for a new release v4.0 of loadiine. It was quite a lot of work and it includes many changes. The launching method is changed in the way that the games are loaded. We found a way of gaining kernel level execution on our own code. There is code now that runs directly from a hooked kernel function called PrepareTitle which setups the titles before launching. At this point the function is hooked by our method and the game is setup from the app.xml and cos.xml in the /code folder of the games on the SD card. If you have the correct values here, most if not all games do run in Mii Maker Mode or Smash Bros Mode. The only game, that we know of, that has an issue is Mario Kart 8, which fully works in Smash Bros Mode it seems but freezes if you exit the game to system menu and does not work at all in Mii Maker Mode. But its fully playable in Smash Bros Mode though. In fact all games that we tried with correct xml setup worked (big thanks to Cyan, n1ghty and MLT for doing so many tests).

 

loadiine4.0

Mario Tennis Ultra Smash Works perfect!! On Loadiine v4.0 

Super Mario Maker works perfect!! On Loadiine v4.0

There was also a big change on how the whole folder structure and project structure is layed out. Many functions were moved and put together. There is now only one ELF file which includes fs, menu, kernel and loader stuff in one.

 Another huge change is that we setup now a region for our own code with supervisor level execution access. We setup an about 7,3 MB big area for our own code in the address 0x00800000. It is freely available for our use. With that huge amount of code space it is now possible to start a really nice looking GUI. Seeing as someone already did start that (which is quite nice), but it is unsure if that source code is ever gonna be release. Therefore we will start our own GUI in the next step.If you want to check out what kind of changes there were in detail and how this all works (especially the part about the kernel code execution and the memory area (DBAT/IBAT) setup will be very interesting for some developers ;)), just checkout the new github source code.As for VCs, well those should theoretically work all too. You just need the correct values in the XML files. Since those are usually not available, we will provide a way of dumping the important parts of the XML from the original titles you own. With those values you can create a custom cos.xml and app.xml and use them to launch the titles.
Have fun with the new stuff.
Dimok and Golden45